I get stuck a lot when I want to try something new that I know will help me immensely. I get stuck when I want to stop an unnecessary action that does not help me at all.
I am far from perfect in growing as a functional human being but I am committed in finding a way to have a mentally healthy life.
Here is what I learned the hard way.
1. taking action, any action, is the number one way to stay in touch with my true self. If I do nothing, I stay stagnant.
2. when I have thoughts full of worry I stop and ask where are these thoughts coming from. Are they from past belief or what is going on presently. Mostly the thoughts are from the past or worry about things I am not sure of.
3. being mindful of my thoughts and actions help me be more grounded and less distracted.
4. being kind to myself in thoughts and actions brings lots of productivity.
5. taking some quiet time every day helps me stay calm more often.
Growing as a functional human being is a very personal path. There is no right or wrong way. The right way is your way. There are many resources in books and online to get you started on your journey. Being right where you are and you will slowly find your way to have a healthy mental and emotional life.