We look for emotional wholeness all the time whether we are aware of it or not. The dark side of finding wholeness is through addictions, busy work, false beliefs about ourselves, looking outside of ourselves for answers to our emptiness just to name a few.
Life can send us confusing curves, our self-esteem is crushed more than once, and none of us is whole all the time, this is the bad news.
The good news is achieving wholeness is a process. As Carl Jung states wholeness is a process of letting go, change and growth.
Your mental health requires that you find your own balance of physical, spiritual and mental health.
Is it an easy or linear process? Nope. The process is one day at a time, one moment at a time, all as you live your life with tons of distractions.
The benefit you get from finding a way to be balanced in your physical, spiritual and mental health is priceless. You create the life that is exclusively for you. How cool is that. Way Cool.
I get stuck a lot when I want to try something new that I know will help me immensely. I get stuck when I want to stop an unnecessary action that does not help me at all.
I am far from perfect in growing as a functional human being but I am committed in finding a way to have a mentally healthy life.
Here is what I learned the hard way.
1. taking action, any action, is the number one way to stay in touch with my true self. If I do nothing, I stay stagnant.
2. when I have thoughts full of worry I stop and ask where are these thoughts coming from. Are they from past belief or what is going on presently. Mostly the thoughts are from the past or worry about things I am not sure of.
3. being mindful of my thoughts and actions help me be more grounded and less distracted.
4. being kind to myself in thoughts and actions brings lots of productivity.
5. taking some quiet time every day helps me stay calm more often.
Growing as a functional human being is a very personal path. There is no right or wrong way. The right way is your way. There are many resources in books and online to get you started on your journey. Being right where you are and you will slowly find your way to have a healthy mental and emotional life.