I have benefited from meditation since 2005. The benefits have been profound and permanent. Here I’ll share some of the benefits I have experienced.
- It takes just a few meditation sessions to reach a deep peacefulness.
- From the peacefulness comes the ability to be detached.
- Being detached gives the ability to non reaction.
- Meditation does not require any religious belief.
- A few minutes a day is all you need to be quiet.
- Being in nature has the same effect as a meditation session.
- You won’t be hit over the head with enlightenment but you will understand yourself and others better.
- You know you are doing it right when you feel relaxed and alert. Not sleepy. If you are sleepy you need sleep.
- You get to separate your wandering mind from your institution.
- You can stay in the present moment for longer and longer periods.
Here’s another observation. You can’t stop you mind from thinking. So as you meditate you learn to observe the thoughts and not be dragged down by them. Meditation will boost your creativity and lower stress. Increase focus and better your health.
Meditation is my medicine, I keep it in my life. If you can’t make it to a group that does meditation, there’s plenty of meditation videos on youtube.
Give it a try for three months and you will see the benefits. You will feel better and even better the more you do it.
Beliefs are concepts we take as true and never question. Sometimes there is no logical reason to believe it.
There are several types of beliefs.
The belief in your own weakness and shortcomings. I am not good, smart, pretty or rich enough.
Survival beliefs. Let me take and take and give nothing in return without seeing the repercussions.
Creating blocks because we believe others have hurt us, so we cut off the flow of energy to them.
The belief that we are strong and can accomplish, finish or create something.
Core beliefs about ourselves as spiritual beings. We understand ourselves and others.
Check your beliefs. Are they true, do they apply to who you are now? Question why you believe what you believe. Did you learn it from your own experience or absorb it? Do you need to believe the same stuff now?
If you don’t need the belief where you stand now then let it go. There’s so much more to learn if you let go of stuff you don’t need to believe.
What is the difference between can and will.
Can implies the ability to do something in the present tense. Will implies an action in the future tense.
I can do work effectively. I will do work effectively. See the difference? Which brings to mind ……………
What (ability) can I do now that (make something happen) will help my situation be better. You fill in the blanks of what you want to be better.
Just try one thing, not a complete over haul. The idea is to bring your future tense (will) into the present tense (can). The end result will be freedom. The freedom to have a life you created. You can do it.