I have benefited from meditation since 2005. The benefits have been profound and permanent. Here I’ll share some of the benefits I have experienced.
- It takes just a few meditation sessions to reach a deep peacefulness.
- From the peacefulness comes the ability to be detached.
- Being detached gives the ability to non reaction.
- Meditation does not require any religious belief.
- A few minutes a day is all you need to be quiet.
- Being in nature has the same effect as a meditation session.
- You won’t be hit over the head with enlightenment but you will understand yourself and others better.
- You know you are doing it right when you feel relaxed and alert. Not sleepy. If you are sleepy you need sleep.
- You get to separate your wandering mind from your intuition.
- You can stay in the present moment for longer and longer periods.
Here’s another observation. You can’t stop you mind from thinking. So as you meditate you learn to observe the thoughts and not be dragged down by them. Meditation will boost your creativity and lower stress. Increase focus and better your health.
Meditation is my medicine, I keep it in my life. If you can’t make it to a group that does meditation, there’s plenty of meditation videos on youtube.
Give it a try for three months and you will see the benefits. You will feel better and even better the more you do it.