We all tell little white lies in order to avoid a confrontation or not to hurt someone’s feelings. When that no longer works we must fess up and tell the truth. Here are some ways to do that.
1. Say what you have to say peacefully with caring.
2. Before speaking be honest with yourself and what you have to say. Respond don’t react.
3. Write it down first to clear your mind.
4. Trust yourself and your ability to speak truthfully.
5. Expect the other person to get angry. Don’t say anything if you are angry.
6. It will feel uncomfortable to speak the truth at first. But stay strong. Don’t buckle under to anger or guilt.
7. Follow your heart.
8. Feel the sensations in your body. This is where you feel the surrounding energy.
9. Talk it out with someone first.
10. Ask a question to start a conversation about the subject.
Ignoring what bothers you has a band-aid effect on problems. It doesn’t last.
Don’t wait. Find a way to say what you need to say. It will clear the air and allow for positive movement.