Machig Lardron was a famous female 11th century Tibetan tantric Buddhist teacher. Her birth was predicted by Yeshe Tsogyel. She was as mystic and shaman. She wanted to know how to end human suffering. She wanted to wake up so she could heal the suffering in the world. So she asked her teacher at the time what was the best and fastest method of achieving this. This is what he told her. She followed it to the letter and gained much spiritual power. And you can too.
1. Confess your hidden faults
2. Approach what you find repulsive
3. Help those you think you cannot help ( also translated as to help those you do not want to help)
4. Anything you are attached to, give that ( let it go )
5. Go to the places that scare you
Each slogan amounts to the same thing. Facing your fears.
1. What am I afraid of admitting
2. What do I find completely and utterly unapproachable
3. Who do I not want to help because I am afraid to admit my true feelings
4. What am I afraid of losing
5. Where am I afraid to go to in the real world and where and I afraid to go in the dark recesses of my mind.
As a spiritual practice of mindfullness examine each fear you have and face it. What is this dark side telling you.
There is tremendous benefit in facing fear rather than running from it.
You will gain a confidence no one can ever take from you.
You will be a guiding force for yourself and for others to emulate.
There is so much strength in you that you don’t take credit for.
Do it now. See fear for what it really is. Lies. Don’t believe the lies. Don’t believe you can’t do something.
There is nothing that cannot be solved. You are more powerful than any trouble. Use your own power.
You can do it. Believe in yourself and do it now.