Healing is different things to different people. What I am about to say here is my experience of healing. Please indulge me.
1. Healing is not a linear process. There are many ups and downs.
2. Healing never ends but it does stop for very short or very long periods of time.
3. Healing does not come from other people unless they are pressing your buttons. That is an important clue of what you have to look at in yourself.
4, Healing can just out at you many forms. Like reading books, relationships, paying attention to what is going on.
5, Healing can come from a crisis or deep insight.
6, Healing can come from very loud places and quiet places.
7. Healing is your ongoing job.
8, Healing speaks to you from your intitution.
9. Healing can be scary because you may not want to hear the route you need to take.
10. Healing can be postponed but will resurface when you least expect it.
Hope that helps. Happy Healing!