Is it Love or Oxytocin?
Turns out there is love hormone called Oxytocin that can cause much confusion in deciding if you love someone.
For example, Oxytocin is released by simple body contact with a handshake or hug.
- You can think of someone in that warm and fuzzy way, Oxytocin is released.
- Oxytocin is released when a woman gives birth and Oxytocin helps in bonding with the child.
- Oxytocin is also released at orgasm in females. Males have it too.
- Oxytocin can be prescribed by a doctor and bought on the internet
Which seems to me to be a problem. The Oxytocin is released creating a bond with someone you are sleeping with who may not be worth bonding to.
Since this hormone elicits trust and a desire to maintain a relationship how do you know the relationship is worth it?
Do you get along well outside of an Oxytocin phase?
- If there is any violence in the relationship, it’s Oxytocin that you are addicted to not the person.
- The other person is unreliable but you still stick around, it’s Oxytocin.
- If you keep accepting unacceptable behavior, it’s the Oxytocin.
- If the relationship did not work out and you still miss that person, you are missing the Oxytocin not the person.
- Maybe you gained a lot of weight, it may be not enough Oxytocin (that explains a lot)
- Doing good works like helping the less fortunate releases Oxytocin (do good works and lose weight. Sounds like a win/win to me)
Here’s some good news, at anytime you can choose to share your Oxytocin with someone else. If it’s just the Oxytocin you want to share that’s fine.
But if you want a relationship too then pay attention to the other everyday stuff like trusting, reliability, openness, generosity, peacefulness, joy, happiness, companionship, then Oxytocin…
I get it… It is ALL energy… so just be your magnificent self… thanks for popping by my blog… You have created a wonderful space here… IAM sure we are going to enjoy each others journey into the unknown…. Barbara x
Thanks so much for your kind words. All the best to you too.